In 1952, the changing demands of the market required the need for company expansion, The company was modernized and the focus was set increasingly on the production of products for the automotive industry. Due to increased production the plant in Ibbenbüren was established in 1970 when the first chrome-plated plastic part also came off the line.
In 1999 the former owners decided on selling Gerhardi & Cie to the company Lydall Inc. Gerhardi Kunststofftechnik GmbH was founded in 2000 by an MBO of today's management. In 2005, the former DGM was renamed to Gerhardi Galvanotechnik Werdohl GmbH and thus became 100% subsidiary of GERHARDI Kunststofftechnik GmbH. Another company growth was reported when GERHARDI Kunststofftechnik announced the majority participation in the injection molder Megatec in 2010.